Thursday, February 16, 2012

New and improved

It's been awhile since I have updated this thing and I have already broken my promise about updating this thing on a daily basis... I'll try and catch up right now on what's been going on lately.

2/16 today. Today has blown by pretty quickly at work. I actually got more sleep than usual (like 15 minutes more) and I'm not tired at work. I was so involved in working the loan from yesterday that I didn't take a break until 12. I'm slowly starting to get how to navigate thru all the systems to get the answers I need. I also see why these loans can take super long too and get really intensely complicated. Luckily, I finished all the loans I had and the one I have been working on all morning I sent to SLR to review. That SLR is shaiza, who I feel as though I'm starting to wear my welcome with because I'm constantly asking questions. I don't think she takes into account that I have no underwriting experience and just assumes I know everything, Including all the underwriter terms and lingo. Oh well, I don't care what she thinks, I'm still going to ask a million questions when I get back from lunch.

2/15 the highlight today was that I got to go the mavs game and watch them play the nuggets. I got a text from my BFF Maria who told me she couldn't make it to the game tonight but Sam, Shadi, moo rehouse, and kaley all can still go. I still felt deep down that moorehouse(we call her frosted flake for a reason) and kaley aka (BAIL-ey) were going to flake in the end, but they actually ended up pulling through. I was seriously impressed. Sam had to back out for ritual stuff with Pi kapp, and shad was going to show up late because his sister has school today so he has to fill in for her. Either way, it was going to be a good time.

I made the mistake of wearing a cardigan today with pants and a button up. Yeah I looked stylish, but I forgot that for whatever reason they turn the heat up after lunchtime. I really don't know why. After my lunch, I literally had a mini-panic attack because I was about to overheat... Maybe I need more coolant or something. Lol. I couldn't leave and take a break at that time either because I was just on break... So yeah I was in a bad spot. I couldn't even proceed with loans because it was so hot. I just stared blankly at the computer screen. I tried the infamous breath out of your mouth and blow the exhaled breath up to cool my face, but that only works so well. Needless to say, I managed to survive somehow.

After the game, I headed to the nearest walmart or target (I got lost during lunch trying to find one that was supposedly located only 10 minutes away from work because my gps kept re-calculating) and because of that, I was later than expected. Kaley and moorehouse were already at ginger mans when I got there finally. They were sitting on the "patio" which most people would consider the back, but in real terms they were sitting right out front and didn't even alert me where they were when I walked past them. What great friends.

After that, we headed to stub hub building to pick up the tickets. We ended up getting lost on the way back because we took the wrong elevator and ended up walking around in circles. It was pretty funny.

When we finally made it to the game, my phone was on the verge of dying so I gave shads number to moorehouse. Shad was supposed to call moorehouse whenever he had arrived. For whatever reason, moorehouses phone deleted his number randomly and my phone was too dead to start so we just had to wait in hopes he would contact us and that her phone would work (she was having tech issues all the time with it). Luckily, he called and we all met up.

The overall game was fun.. We blew them out by like 20 or 30, but we had some highlights all the way including some drunk guy screaming obscenities behind us even though the mavs were up big. Calm down, buddy. What's funny is the chick he brought was hot. Whatever she saw in him, nobody knows. Near the end of the game we moved down a few rows and were standing up and ANOTHER guy was yelling at us to sit down. People take this game way too seriously I guess. After the game was over we all headed back home.

I have to mention a few things thou first... One, chris bates was absolutely blowing up my phone because he wanted to go to the celtics game on Monday. I was at work though, so my free time was limited to being able to answer him and my phone died after work was over. Ka,ey ended up texting him and telling him about the mavs game we were at and he ended up flipping out on me on the phone. Luckily, I put myself kaley(who called to try and warn me that chris was nuts) shad and chris on the line. Let hilarity ensue. See chris has to work and usually can never request off from work, so I really doubted he would've been able to make the game... But according to him I should've still asked him anyway because, "I can get off whenever I want too."

No comments:

Post a Comment