Tuesday, January 10, 2012

behind

so i know i'm falling behind on this so let me try and catch yall up to speed....

1/8 So the highlight really of today was that I chilled... It was raining all day and stormy outside, and it was a Sunday so I really didn't want to move much. I tried to get some people together to go to church with me but no one was able to pull through. I stayed out way too late on Saturday night and didn't get to bed until late so I ended up not making it to church.. Not a good excuse I know, I really need to get back into the swing of things again. At like 8 or 9pm I was feeling in the mood to go do something so I a text out to Cydnee, a girl I met at library a LONG time ago with Shadi (I think it was like 2 weeks after I broke up with shelby. Unfortunately, we haven't hung out since then I don't think, so I didn't think she would follow through.). Surprisingly, she was actually going out that night! Yeah, she's pretty much an alcoholic.. Lol.

Even better, she was going out with all girls, and 6 of them! Sounded way too good to be true, but I had nothing going on and they were going to Pour house, which isn't that far from where I lived. So I called up Chris and told him the situation, and he agreed to meet me at like 10:15 out at Montgomery Plaza. I was dressed to impress, so I went with the blazer, jeans, and a dark shirt.

Knowing me, I was running late (I swear, my bathroom shower water power is seriously messed up... I had to mess with it for like 5-10 minutes before I realized that the water was on and that's why the water pressure was so low.). When Chris and I met up, we headed over to Pour House not really knowing what to expect.

When we get to Pour House, we realize 1. It's Karoake night and 2. There is no cover today. It was pretty dead inside when we got in there, accept for a huge group near the front of the stage watching people do drunk karoake. I thought she might be in that big group in the front but I wasn't sure, and she wasn't answering my texts, so Chris and I just hung out at the bar for the moment. After we finished a beer, we checked out "The Garage" which was the next door club place and saw that that had a little more people, but still wasn't the crowd or the environment we were looking for (I felt like the bar was in the middle of the subwoofer, it was super freaking loud, and I tried the "hey what time is it?" line setup to the cute blonde girl sitting next to me and it didn't work out.). We ended up leaving there when Cydnee texted me and said she was going with all her friends to Froggies over on white settlement..

When we stepped outside, it started POURING so I got freaking soaked, even though I ran all the way to my car. Chris hopped in Passenger and we set out to our new destination.. First I would like to say, my BMW lights do not work very well in the rain and in the dark, and Second, it was nearly impossible to actually get to the bar. For some reason, white settlement doesn't have a off road to the bar directly, and you had to pass the bar, take the next road, and work your way back to the bar.

When we stepped into the bar, soaking wet, we saw that it was completely empty except for 1 pretty cute girl sitting at the bar. She mentioned to us, "So it looks like it is raining?" and I ended up talking to her for a second before I realized she was one of the 6 girls Cydnee was bringing with her. Cydnee walked in 5 minutes after we did (I have no idea how we beat her there) and we realized that all the girls in the bar were all Cydnee's friends... And might I say, I WAS VERY IMPRESSED. THEY WERE ALL HOT. The first thought that crossed my mind when I saw the group was.... "FIELD DAY BITCHES." lol. LET'S START GAMING.

Using the people skill that I have attained, I tried to game the whole group. This actually works in my favor, because typically, a person that was interested in one of the girls there would go after THAT ONE GIRL.. And not really game the other girls.. Which actually works against them because you want to be liked by the girl AND all of her friends... Because they are typically more inclined to stay longer, and on top of that they are more forgiving in letting you get some alone time with her because you have developed rapport with everyone. OR a guy might get intimidated by all the hot girls, and clam up, or just purely talk to his friend.. Either way, it doesn't work as well as gaming all the girls because when you do that it makes you look epically more confident and it makes you look like a ladies man. So that is what I did.

During the gaming process, I figured out like half of the girls were taken or had boyfriends... That still didn't deter me because developing friendships with these girls and then networking through them to meet other hot girls could seriously work in my favor. One of the girls I found out had just literally broke up with her boyfriend that day, and of course, she was drunk and all over the bartender.. She looked a little sloppy, and not really my type of girl. Another 1 of the girls, a dark haired girl, went out and slept in the car for whatever reason only to return later and start drama with everyone in the group for whatever reason.

Because that girl started drama, the hotter girls ended up leaving so the only girl I really knew was Cydnee. We ended up jamming out on the soundsystem and I introduced her and her friends to DJ Inphinity, one of the hottest techno guys out there. She definitely liked. Chris and I ended up playing pool with her and her friend, and I took my best shot at trying to teach Cydnee how to play.. (She seriously had never played pool in her life so she was terrible at it, lol but it didn't really matter.) She ended up quitting halfway through to talk to one of the 'bar regulars" there,  (I could've easily taken her back if I really wanted too but it's whatever..). Chris and I finished the game (Chris won on a really lucky shot) and we ended up jetting because Chris had to wake up early the next morning to go pick up his laptop... I drove Chris back to Montgomery plaza, dropped him off, and that's that.


1/9 I did a bunch of errands today.. I had an interview for a client asset manager position in Dallas in the afternoon.. Thank goodness it was in the afternoon, because I didn't go to sleep until very late sunday night.. The position would allow me to travel to california for business every couple of months, and my training is actually in california believe it or not so if I did get the job, I would get sent out there for like a month.. Crazy, huh? The interview was with a headhunter group called Gradstaff, they find jobs that are more for entry level and recently graduated college students that way it wouldn't be me competing with 15 other people that have 9 years of experience. Walking into the interview, I noticed most of the people that worked there were around my age... And might I say, the freaking front office clerk girl was SOOPAH HOT. Goodness. Should be illegal to be that hot. Anyway, they had me fill out some silly paperwork in the beginning that I tried to do as fast as I can, including the w-9, than I actually went and spoke with "whats-her-name", her name literally escapes me right now, but she seemed nice. She was a kappa delta in college apparently from what she told me. I felt like I pretty much aced the interview. After the interview was over, she told me she would go and submit my resume into the hiring group and that I would probably get an interview from them later on that week.

After the interview was over, it was like 3:30 and I had a tough decision to make... Do i stay out in dallas and possibly meet up with chris and go watch the title game, and risk that he might bail, or do I head home? I opted to stay and swing by the mall area where I walked around for a bit.. I ended up actually buying a shirt, believe it or not, from Banana Republic (which I thought was on sale but was surprisingly wrong). It was a dark shirt, and I bought it primarily so I would have something to wear with my nice cuordoroy(spelling?) suit jacket thing that I got from them. After doing that, I swung by vitamin shop and picked up some supplies, mainly some protein and a multi-vitamin. After all that, I tried to talk chris into meeting up in uptown (which was the original plan) but he suddenly decided to back out so he could go watch the game with his parents.... I tried in vain to get him to come out, but it did not work out.. So I ended up texting Jesse D-unit to find out that a bunch of people were going out in arlington to watch the game.. He was at hooligans because he was poor, but everyone and their mother was apparently at Humperdinks.. I really wanted to go to boomerjacks. Chris, of course, didn't want to go to either.. Even if I picked him up. freaking unreliable... But whatever.

I ended up driving straight through arlington and home, after I found out from Jesse that it was a huge dudefest up at humperdinks (A fiji dudefest). Before I got home, I stopped by best buy near ridgemar mall to FINALLY get my phone fixed.. I literally couldn't stand my broken phone any longer.. Freaking thing crashing all the time and the GPS never worked. So i had them exchange it out for a brand new one, which would ship in a few days, and in the meantime, they would give me some crappy loaner phone that I could use.. It was a Samsung Galaxy 3G.. And a Galactic piece of crap I might add.. The GPS worked amazing on it, and it never froze, but the internet was SO SLOW... It was freaking awful. But, at least I was one step closer to getting my new phone that would be crash-free and HOPEFULLY the GPS worked in it.

I wanted to go look at camcorders as well while i was there, but they were closing the store at 9 and I got my phone in there at like 8:45... They saved all my contacts to the sim card, and for whatever reason that also stored ALL my twitter contacts and some of my facebook friends who I don't have numbers for.. Why it did that? no one knows.. But it was freaking annoying, because I had like 800 numbers in my phone so it took forever to go through it and delete the stuff I don't need or to even find a number or whatever that I needed on that phone. One last thing.. When I took my phone in and was explaining to the cell phone guy all the issues it had, and then told him the battery smelt funny, like it was corroded or whatever, the guy takes out his own phone, which also happens to be a samsung infuse, and takes the battery out of the phone and literally smells his own battery! lol it was pretty funny... The guy seemed pretty cool, he apparently is in a band or something because he would not stop talking about it to the mexican guy sitting next to me (who also was in a band, apparently.. I still haven't decided on a camcorder yet, so we shall see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment