Friday, January 6, 2012

so I haven't updated this and I don't want to break my resolution so let me send out a quick update..

1/4:  Today was the day to return some stuff... Mostly that soundbar that wasn't working as well as I had imagined and the iPad speaker thing that I got for Christmas.. I'm really excited about getting a camcorder with the money, I just don't know which one. I am really digging the Hero camera, because it's waterproof and meant for outdoors, just the only problem is that it can't zoom in... like at all. So I'm still kind of undecided about the whole thing. Outside of that, I did some unemployment work and I landed a interview for a financial analysis company that was supposed to be friday 1/6, but got moved to monday at 2:30. It's an entry level analyst position in dallas, and I am kind of excited about it and hope I get it.

1/5 Yesterday I had a big interview for a loan position with wells fargo. Dad found a job with them on wells fargo for me the night prior and they had advertised that they were having a job fair for that position in bedford from 8am-6pm. I woke up kind of late but managed to get to the wells fargo place before noon. Before I walked in I sat in my car, and studied the job description over again. It is a customer service role, but you need alot of experience in the loan department, which I didn't have. I got lost trying to find the building for the interview, and ended up walking around in circles but I finally managed to find it.

When I walked they had me fill out a bunch of paperwork for the job.. Because I was a walk-in and didn't have a scheduled appt. (It was nearly impossible to book an appt online on their website) I sat down with a interviewer lady named tricia and basically tried to sell her on the fact that I am a good people person and I have a bunch of background in the finance field to help cover up the non-existent loan experience that I had. I really have no idea if I got the job or not, so we shall see in the coming days.

After the job interview, I watched a few episodes of madmen with the family but I was really in the mood to go out and chill.. I was supposed to go out with megan P. but she bailed because she didn't have a car to drive herself to fort worth and her friend backed out last minute.. So going through my phone, i decided to go ahead and text hunter, one of my budding wingmen. He was heading out to library with one of his friends, and according to him, he was going to stay until 2.

I went and got all dressed up, and headed to downtown fort worth expecting to meet up with them.. When i texted him again, he texted me back one word, "left.".. so I didn't know if he meant he was on the left side of library, or he actually left the bar. When I texted him back asking him if he left the bar, he never responded and I never heard from him the rest of the night. how freaking unreliable... First him, than shadi, than chris.. Might I even say that I had my friend vijetha call shadi because he wasn't answering any of my phone calls or texts over the past week and he ended up calling me before I made it out to library.. When we started talking, he basically bitched me out for asking vijetha to contact him (he kept saying, "don't get other people involved, just understand that im busy, yada yada yada.") how hard is it to just text me back and give me a heads up or something? I had just gotten a new phone (I had gotten it when I took my old piece of crap infuse phone into best buy and they gave me a loaner phone for the time being) and chris and shadi suddenly just cut contact with me so I didn't know if it was the phone or what. Needless to say, it kind of pissed me off when he came at me like that. We talked for literally 5 minutes before I left him go and waited in a huge line at the library (the cotton bowl was today so a bunch of people were in town for that).

While I was waiting in that line, I really started reflecting on my friendships and relationships I had with other people.. I guess I felt like I was contributing way more than I was receiving, and I was quickly discovering that a bunch of people that I considered "friends" were completely and utterly un-reliable... I mean, how can I be friends with someone that you cannot rely on at all? Chris lies to me so he can get out of hanging out with me, and chad bitches me out because I had a girl text him to see if he was even alive.. Hunter can't even give me the courtesy of a text back to tell me what's up, I mean what is going on here? I think I need some new friends ASAP... People that are more reliable.. I have lots on my mind, and lots of decisions I may need to make such as cutting ties with some of these "so-called" friends (more like opportunists to me) but we shall see where the future takes us..

I ended up going to the library by myself... I was dressed to impress, and I quickly discovered that going to a bar by myself really isn't all that bad. I stand out because I dressed so well, and I don't look like a douche because I don't have a wingman with me.. In a way, it makes me look mysterious.. I had girls of all shapes and sizes approach me that night, and I really didn't even have to do much. 3 girls gave me their number (I really wasn't interested in any of them) and 1 girl even walked up to me and politely asked me for my number.. Hey, that's a change.. We shall see what tonight brings.

On the way home, I talked to Megan P for like an hour and a half in bed about just about everything.. I told her everything that happened, and it was nice to see someone understand it from my point of view. I also talked to my friend V as well, and she also sees where I am coming from. Who knows, maybe I'm having an epiphany or maybe it's a sign from God saying I need to get out of this place and move elsewhere.. Maybe it is really time to plant my flag elsewhere... Well see what in the oncoming days what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment