Sunday, January 8, 2012

So here is my update of the past 2 prior days,.,

1/6 So I'm going to make this one short and sweet but I ended up going to downtown fort worth by myself... I had pretty much given up on all my wingmen and I was pulling chicks pretty easy by myself so I decided to head out to capital bar and dirty crow, where I had exhibited some success before. Might I also like to mention that chris finally texted me today and I acted like I didn't know who he was and he pretty much freaked out.. So much that he was not only blowing my phone up, but he was also blowing up vijethas and my sisters phone up wondering if I was mad at him. Lol I made him sweat a little, but I did end up calling him back. Regardless of what happened, in the long run that stuff doesn't really matter. I just need to seriously take it a quarter mile at s time and just go from there. That's how I need to live in 2012.

When I did talk to chris, I could tell he was really sorry just by how anxious he was. Before I even called him back I talked to v about everything and she kept saying we should work it out or whatever and that I should call him back. Besides, it's chris bates... I can't be mad at the guy forever... (especially since I sprayed that fart spray in his car lol). When I did talk to chris, I told him I didn't like that he had lied (we were supposed to rock climbing a day before we actually did but he lied and said he was still cooking when he wasn't). I also said he needed to be more reliable among other things. When I finished calling him out, he pretty much accepted it and said he would try to fix things now. He originally wanted to go to downtown tonight but he ended up getting stuck at work forever, so I told him not to worry about it.

I also discovered that playing pool solo doesn't work as well when pulling tail. I went straight to capital bar and spent most of my night there, since I had done library the night before and dirty crow.. I ran into old Kinsey young, and her boyfriend and his friends. It was nice to catch up with her.. Supposedly, her and kasey had a falling out over something silly and it strained her relationships with her friends with everyone. Her boyfriend seemed a bit nerdy, but surprisingly cool. I never really got to meet the rest of her friends.

After talking with her, they all decided they wanted to dance so they all went to the second floor of the bar area... I followed them up there and went straight for the bar, which took the guy forever to get me a drink even though all I asked for was a beer. After I got my drink, I turned around and saw the whole group gone. Oh well. None of her friends were worth taking a flyer on anyway.

I endedmup going downstairs and checking out the pool area, where I started a game of pool and just hung out. There was some people there, but it wasn't packed. I finished the game rather quickly (maybe I gt some pool skill after all!) and I noticed a dark haired girl standing right behind me all by herself. I debated whether I should go talk to her or not, because the rule of thub is a girl will never go to a bar by herself... Like ever. So I figured her boyfriend was in the area or something ut I figured, hey why not? And opened a set with her.

I asked her to play pool, but she quickly shied away. I asked her if she played darts and she said no too. So I decided to mention one more "feeler question" and if she blows this one off than I would just move on. I ended up mentioning to her that I just moved there and almost instantly she dropped her phone, turned to me, and started asking questions.. It was rather amazing. Her name was Victoria and she works for bnsf railway. She was with her friend who was across the bar from her, surrounded by s pack of guys. Apparently, according to Victoria, her friend Marie knew everyone and was "in the know".

I continued to talk to Victoria but before long her buddy Marie had gotten the guys out of the picture and came over and joined our conversation.. I did pretty well balancing the convo out between both girls and learned some good info from them. Marie is a kappa alpha theta, from tcu and she was in her early 20s. Victoria was 28, married, with a house, and out of school. Yes, I said married. So did I get her number? Well...

I got both of them. Lol. Marie is single and she is pretty cute. She also likes to rock climb. Both are brunettes and supposed BFFs. Victoria clarified she was married but still gave me her number anyway. When I asked her where her husband was, she said he was going to pick them up... I found that rather interesting. Why go out without him? Unless youre trying to portray that you are single? Who knows.

After the bar closed, I waited with them until Victorias husband or something came. I hugged them both nd jet. Being single does have some great advantages (and so does lone wolfing it to bars! )



1/7

Today was a chill day... My sister and mom both wanted to go to a shooting range for their birthday (which is kind of amazing in itself because I can't see my mom liking guns whatsoever). So we drove to the elk shooting range on cherry lane in fort worth for some family bonding time. I had never shot a gun before either (I went to a gun range during rush week one year about 3 or 4 years back but I never shot.. I remember giving JD such a hard time and I kept telling everyone that JD brought a crossbow and a knife to the gun range, lol. Jasmine was our night event girl that night [this is before her and Cody shacked up and are now engaged with a baby in tow - I'll give details about that later]). I'm not going to lie, I was a little bit intimidated shooting a gun just because the risk was so high if you made any type of mistake you could get seriously injured. Nonetheless, the person that was running the gun shop was a very nice and knowledgeable person about guns and he showed us a bunch that we could choose from. On the wall behind him, he had m4s, shotguns, and other "heavy artillery". And again,I won't lie, but I was definitely interested in shooting those as well.

After going through a quick lesson on how to load and fire the weapon, we settled on a 9mm Luger. We all wore protective eyewear and ear protection stuff since it was indoor, the sound was much more louder then if we were outside. My dad ended up shooting first. There were 3 other people in the lanes next to us, and when one of them shot when we first got in there everyone jumped but me. I could totally tell and sense how nervous my mom was now around guns.. I could also see her rethinking her decision to shoot one too.

Might I say, even with the ear wear, the gun we were shooting was insanely loud. It also had a really bad recoil, where the top part of the gun shifted backwards when you shot, so it could feed the gun another bullet. So if your hand was in the way, yeah.... Major Payne (no pun intended.). I shot right after my dad and I was nervous from the get go. I mean, what if I put the bullets in backwards or something? What if I shot and hit a metal thing and it ricochet back into me? Idk, I guess I like to worry a lot and take hypotheticals into account. None of that ended up happening, and after I shot, I felt cool, calm, and collected. I even hit the target in the ear! Bullseye.

Next up was my mom and sister. When they were going up to shoot, I looked around at some of the other people shooting. Seems like we had quite the diverse crowd.. There was a nerdy guy to my right wearing a xmen hoodie, and a couple rows down I saw a guy that gave me the impression he was still living with his mother. I won't hate though. But now I contemplate what guns can do. When you hold a gun and fire it for the first time, I swear, you get this sense of power feeling wash over you... Maybe a little sense of entitlement. Like, I can't even explain the feeling, really. If you think about any competitive sport, such as basketball, football, tennis, etc... You will reach a certain age where you just can't play at a high level anymore... Or you just don't have a skillset to play well at all... Maybe you are uncoordinated or something, who knows. The point being, guns you are on a level playing field.. It doesn't matter how athletic, old, male/female, Caucasian, black, whatever... You can shoot a gun whenever and I guess that's why some people buy them. I don't know, just my speculation on it.

Manwhile, mr. "I'm still living with my mother" decided to bring a shotgun to the target range and pretty much obliterated the targets he was shooting. While he was shooting, he was also laughing maniacally. Pretty sketchy bro.

My mom and sister were both nervous shooting the gun. My sister didn't flinch as bad as my mom, but when my mom went up to shoot, it really looked like she didn't want to have anything to do with the gun she was holding in her hand. She held the gun too tight and leaned all the way back, expecting the worst. Even when she was aiming, you could tell her hands were shaking a tad. After she fired off a few rounds, one of the empty shell casings hit her in the head (didn't hurt or anything, just scared her) and she was pretty much done for the afternoon.

Before we left, we tried out a .38 I think? This one had bullets that were a lot more skinnier and the gun itself had a lot less recoil, which means it also wasn't as loud. I actually preferred this gun to the other one, and everyone else agreed.

After we left the gun range, we went to don pablos to eat. I scarfed my enchiladas down with the quickness and washed it all down with a nice cold beer.

We left and went home. My sister had to leave because she was beginning training for her exec board thing with tri delta and I ended up going out that evening with....guess who... Shadi. I had deleted his number but he called me and asked me to go out.. I was kind of bored so I said yes and called some of my friends. My friend Gina and her friend Brooke met up with us out at Gingermans pub.. Might I say that it took me forever to get there? Because it did... Because some smart guys decided to close interstate 30... Why? For construction, but that is still super freaking retarded. The rest of the night was enjoyable though.. I really think I might like this Gina chick, but like Shadi said, I need to make a decision if I'm going to for sure go after her before breaking the friend barrier (I.e. Kiss her, etc.) otherwise it may turn into another yessica situation (I'll explain later.).

Shadi originally only wanted to stay out until 1 but he ended up staying out the whole night. Ginas friend Brooke is really cool as nice... I could really see her and Shadi being a good couple but she is wacky and she will never run out of stuff to talk about with her.. She seems like she has a great personality to boot and she has a good job so who knows?

After some drinks at ginger mans, we ended up leaving and going to "the den" to meet up with 2 of their friends.. We never ended up running into them, but we spent the rest of the evening in the rooftop hanging out, people watching, and talking. (I swear, there was a girl wearing some fur vest that looked like a Viking, lol).

Ttyl

No comments:

Post a Comment