Monday, January 30, 2012

1/30 today is my first day of work. I have to be awake at 6 am in the freaking morning just to make sure I make it there by 8am. I have no idea how bad traffic is going to be, I just know bedford is at least alot closer than driving to dallas every morning like I was with my WFG job in uptown. I dress in my nicest clothes, I decide to rock out the graphite gray pants and a blue shirt with a black sweater pullover. I really don't know what to expect, I just know I hate waking up when it is still dark outside. Luckily, for me, I took some iChill and passed the crap out around midnight. When I hit traffic on the way there, I have a mini-panic attack (I cannot be late for the first day of work!) but I still manage to make it on time for work (5 minutes early!). I get lost in the wells fargo building, trying to find the training facility that I am supposed to be in. Apparently, wells fargo has 2. So I walked around until someone told me that the training facility was in another area and that person showed me where it was. When I walked into the classroom, I noticed only 4 other people there... 3 of which were black. Now I'm not racist or anything, it was just kind of amazing because I was literally a minority there. And I'm not talking just that room... I'm talking all across the floor. Everyone is black. Just unexpected. There is also no hot girls there on the floor and apparently everyone there (including my team) has underwriting experience of some kind. This might be tough.

Apparently, I also came unprepared. But again, that isn't my fault either because I wasn't put in a position to be prepared. Everyone was apparently under the impression they had to bring their SSN. Well I never got that memo and thought I left it at home (it was in the car the whole time). Also, apparently they didn't even have my offer letter for how much I made an hour and a yearly salary. Wow wells fargo, you guys need to get on the ball asap. So the first 3 hours of my shift, I basically sat in the training facility and texted people. Literally. They had us sit in there while they tried to get all the paperwork input in correctly. THis took literally forever. Which was cool i guess, just boring. Finally, around 11, after paperwork was filled (I barely filled out anything because I didn't have my ssn) they had us walk out and sit with a girl for an hour or two and kind of spectate what a underwriter does.

I sat with an underwriter named cathy (i think?). I could immediately tell by looking at the awards on her wall that she was a hardcore goodie-two shoes.. Than I got to thinking, there is one or two of those people in literally every company I have ever worked for. She was hardcore wells fargo... Literally by the book about everything.. I mean it's cool if you get your shit done, but she was kind of smug about it, like, "hey i deserve recognition because I do everything.." kind of person. Kind of rubbed me the wrong way. She was very knowledgeable on what she was doing though. I was completely lost almost the entire time as she navigated through the DOS screens that looked like FBSI from Fidelity. I have another teammate on my team (I'm pretty sure is gay because he has a high voice, among other things) who I also thought was an overachiever until he got caught texting blatantly by one of the workers there. Hahah.

The day flew by pretty quick. I went to a 1 hr lunch at schlotskies, than when I got back we had a huge meeting with everyone on the floor. Yeah, there are no hot girls. I checked. Literally. Every nook and cranny. And. There. Is. NOTHING. But whatever I guess. We all went around the room and everyone introduced themselves and gave the name of a food that best represents them. I got up and told everyone that I love long walks on the beach. Everyone started laughing. I told everyone that if I was a food, I'd be mac and cheese, because I go good with everything... Everyone cracked up again. I'm good.. I know.

After I said that, the girl next to me half hugged me and said I have swag... too bad she was 9 times my size.

Oh yeah, some black girl in my class told me I have "that edward cullen twilight swag." That's a first, lol.

Swaggerific. Also I need to mention that my manager is flipping super hot. And she's my age. A little blondie with a nice body. Nuff said.

The rest of the day they sat me and the "gay guy" with some other underwriter person for the rest of the day.

The place is pretty cool. There is no schedule efficiency measured at all, and I got to go to the bathroom whenever i wanted too. I also got to go to lunch really whenever I wanted too too. Pretty sweet. Near the end of the day I had a meeting with my manager about "code of ethics". Nothing too excited here to mention. I think that sums up about everything I can remember from work today, if there is anything else I'll be sure to go mention it later.

After work, I went and worked out back around 9ish. This is pretty early for me but still pretty late in the evening. Yeah, the gym was still crowded to maximum capacity. There were like 20 people waiting to play a game. I worked out back hard and ended up jetting.

LASTLY, BEFORE I FORGET, SHADI HAS A HOT GIRL.. I'll explain later.. I'm tired. night
1/31

No comments:

Post a Comment