Thursday, January 19, 2012

oh chyeah

1/17 Today was the Stars game! I was so pumped. I was out all night the night prior so I set my alarm for 10:20, thinking that would still be fine in order to get tickets.. I know they play the Red Wings and all, but I figured it still would not have mattered because it was on a tuesday during the first week of school.. Boy was I wrong.

When I looked online to order the tickets, they were already completely sold out for the 9 dollar tickets.. needless to say, I was pretty bummed. I couldn't believe they sold out so quickly! The next highest up in terms of cheapness was 23 something dollars, which I really didn't want to pay. I took one last ditch effort and went over to stubhub, and managed to find the tickets for 18 dollars apiece, but there were only 6 available tickets and we had 8 people! Well, Andrea texted me and said she had some meeting or something she had to go to that night and her and JT weren't going to make it. She had told JT to text me and tell me what's up but of course JT was asleep or not paying attention or something.. Who knows with that kid. I ended up buying the tickets to stub hub and headed down that way in the evening.  I picked up Sam and his friend on the way out there (I met them over at the gas station in Arlington).  Sam drives a piece of crap white car.. I figured he would drive something better or something but maybe I am just being superficial. Anyway, we head out towards dallas to meet up with shadi, gina, and brooke at gingermans at 7pm. I actually made it on time, and actually got there before both Shadi and Brooke/Gina arrived!

I was dressed to impress as well, I wore Jeans, a white button up with a black sweater pulled over it, and my nice banana republic jacket over that. Shadi wore the same jacket I did so we kept making jokes the whole night about wearing the same jackets. Once we met up with everyone over at ol' gingers, we decided the great idea to save parking would be to all pile in one car.. I told the group that I preferred to take 2 cars and that shadi could drive brooke, but shadi's car was dirty so he agreed that we all pile in my BMW. That means 6 people in 5 available seats.. We somehow managed to make it work (which I still don't know how we got everyone in the backseat. Brooke had to sit in the middle on top of Gina's lap just to fit.) and we rode "mexican" over to the stub hub place. Yeah, apparently you can't print the tickets online, you have to go and physically pick them up. WHICH IS REALLY FUNNY, BECAUSE YOU GET CHARGED 15$ FOR A DELIVERY FEE. That makes no sense.. But whatever. Luckily, the stubhub place was only a few blocks from the American Airlines Center, so I took my crappy phone (still freezing all the time, even though it's a new phone) and put the address in and got us on our way there. We actually managed to find the place, which I have no idea how.. If it really wasn't for Brooke, I really don't think we could've found the place. To get inside stub hub, you have to park in the garage, and walk to a really sketchy door, where there is a sign that says STUBHUB on it. You than have to ring the doorbell, and then they unlock the door for you (Which looks like it had been broken into before but it could barely shut all the way).

When we got into the stub hub office and got the tickets, I smartly asked about parking and if we could just remain parked in the parking garage without getting towed. The stubhub lady ended up giving us a free platinum seating ticket worth 20 bucks so we got free parking! that ain't a bad deal at all.  So we all piled back into the car, rode mexican style again over to the american airlines center, piled out, and walked into the arena. (I also forgot to mention, shadi got us yelled at by a police officer but he said loudly to all of us, "we should all jaywalk!" lol.)

When we walked in, apparently everyone from detroit was at the game because there was more detroit fans than there were stars fans from what it seemed like. We got lost walking around trying to find our seats, until we did finally eventually find them way up in the rafters. It looked to me that the seats we sat in were 9$ seats, which kind of pissed me off because that means we wayyyyy overpaid on seats with stubhub.. But she did give us free parking, so can't go wrong there, plus there was no 9$ seats available anyway so it wasn't a bad deal at all. When we sat down and looked around, I saw a bunch of empty "9$ seats" that i guess weren't available online. really stupid.

So the game was enjoyable. After the first period, shadi was hungry so we went to go on a beer run downstairs. When we walked outside, i ran into ben yang, who was also at the game, and we talked a bit about me possibly moving to dallas for this wells fargo bank job while the 2 girls waited in line for brew.  After talking with him for a minute, we let him go and shadi and I went to join the 2 girls, while sam and his friend left and went to the opposing line in the pizza patron section to get food there. When Shadi and I stepped in front, apparently some fat redneck girl in a stars jersey thought we were cutting, and didn't take to kindly to our behavior. She went out and told shadi, "blazers or not, cutting isn't cool.." I looked at Shadi when she said that, and I could tell shadi wasn't paying attention at all, and he replied back with.. "Welll...... Alright then!" in his deadpan voice. It was so funny, Gina and Brooke could not stop laughing about it. I didn't even get a chance to order, because the concession stand ran out of water. Yeah.. I have no idea how you run out of water, but they apparently did.

We went back to our seats and enjoyed the rest of the game.. I talked to gina about her new job, and how kansas doesn't have hockey, and how I wish she stayed, and all of that. I even put my arm around the girl and kissed her on the cheek and took pictures with her. It was a very nice moment. Her laugh really does warm my heart.. She is a really good girl, and it kind of sucks that she is moving in 2 weeks away to Kansas permanently. She still seems interested in me too, but I have no idea what's going to happen. At the same time all of this is going on, I'm talking to Sam, and we get on the topic of rushing.. apparently, his friends want him to go beta and I basically told him no and told him all the benefits he would get out of pi kappa phi.. And he said he would check them out! Maybe we have a possible future Pi Kapp in the house!? Too bad he can't be my little bro in the frat... That would be awesome.

The game was close all the way to the end. Near the end of regulation with a tie game, I could see Gina really getting into the game and getting stressed out and almost every near goal.... At least the game was exciting. It ended up going into an overtime and then a shootout, which we ended up losing 1-0.

after the game was over, I wanted to show sam and his friends what all dallas has to offer.. they have never went drinking before out here, so we all agreed to hit up uptown for a bit for some drinks. We all piled back in the car and I put on "Still Moving by Pretty Lights"... Soundtrack to my life I tell ya! We rode mexican back to boll street, and went straight over to renfields (the place was empty and I didn't know any of the people working there) and ended up jumping ship and headed to sfuzi for some brews. We stood around and talked about literally everything, and it was really really nice. Also, I saw Erick DAMPIER OF THE DALLAS MAVERICKS in the house! The dude is HUGE! He is starting to look a little old though.  After a little bit, Shadi and I took a "designated bro bathroom break" to see what other girls were in the house.. And so I could text adrienne B., this really hot blonde girl from Tech back (I couldn't do it before because Gina was always right there). We had been going back and forth as far as talking and she seems like a really legit nice girl.. So who knows, maybe I will come see her or something. Unfortunately, there was nothing really to look at in Sfuzzi that I really saw, and it didn't really matter anyway because we were with gina, brooke, and my friends and we couldn't ditch them anyways.

When we walked back and met up with the group, Sam got to talking about how he can't drink anymore because he has a bad heart condition where he had to get a pacemaker installed. He also can't play any really contact sports either, I can't even imagine what that is like. That seriously must suck. He also said that the pacemaker he originally had broke, and the doctor that operated on him left a faulty wire in him or something, so he ended up sueing, they ended up settling, and now he got 8 figures off of it! Freaking crazy.. Now he is seriously set for a long period of time.. And I know money doesn't buy you happiness, but I know it can sometimes relieve stress, and who knows, maybe it will turn to be a more valuable trade-off since he can't play any sports really the rest of his life. Besides soccer.

Around this time, gina and brooke had to bounce because brooke had work in the morning. We said by to the girls and quickly tried to make a play on the table behind us that was full of girls. Shadi ended up going up to them and trying to icebreak, by saying that they should all go take a picture with Erick Dampier, who was still in Sfuzi with his wife. The girls BLEW HIM OFF BAD. One of the blonde girls was like, "No hablo ingles." I mean really? how bitchy can you be? Shadi got pretty much hustled down but it don't matter because those girls weren't crap. They weren't even cute, and their personality is awful so who needs those type of people in your life anyway? Shadi called them all lame to their faces so we got the last word anyway, so screw them.

After the bar, I was starving, since I hadn't eaten since like lunch that day, so I tried to convince shadi to go get some grub with all of us. Shadi said he had to work, so we ended up going our separate ways and I took sam and his friend back to arlington, where sam's car was still parked. Before I did that though, we ended up eating some food at Waffle House and just kind of chilled. I found out sam's friend is getting married soon (he hasn't proposed yet) and I ended up getting a HUGE PLATE OF FOOD, the All Star Special + 2 eggs extra + another side of hash browns. I freaking killed it. And it was mighty tasty. It must've taken alot of energy to cook our food, because our cook literally went and sat down and fell asleep at the table behind us. Hahhahaha. and yes, I got pictures.




1/18 Today I got a email from wells fargo saying that they had gotten my voicemail that I had accepted the offer and had me fill out some background information crap online. I also drove up to go see one of my BFF's, Ericka C., in Arlington.. She texted me and asked me to come work out at the Mac with her so I headed up there to lift... Unfortunately, I don't have a membership anymore so I figured I'd have to pay 5 dollars for a guest pass.. Well now, it's 8 freaking dollars! WTF. And on top of that, they STILL wouldn't let me in, until Ericka was there to "sponsor" me.. Yeah, pretty freaking retarded, but it's whatever. So I met up with Ericka at the Mac, and we worked out core, biceps, and triceps.. it's been awhile since we have worked out.. It's been awhile since I have seen ole ericka.. She still looks cute as always. We ended up staying at the gym for about 2 hours working out, and I really tried to help her fix her form so she could get stronger up top.  Her friend Lauren Hinson also was at the gym, but apparently she was too cool to work out with us (I Guess, I think she is stuck up). I also ran into old Luke (AKA the guy I tried to rush like eons ago). He got let go from his Pepsi job and now he's back in the market looking for a new position. His company gave him a great compensation package, so he basically gets paid for the next 2 months while he goes and finds a job.. Not bad my friend, not bad indeed.

About an hour and a half into the workout, Ericka left because Lauren wanted to go and she was her ride. I ended up staying, and finishing my bicep workout. After the gym, I went and got some Chipoodle (that brown rice really is freaking amazing) and headed home, only to leave again in 30 minutes to go meet Chris out in Montgomery Plaza.. Although it is a wednesday, there was virtually nobody out. I forgot that when school is in session, the place is pretty dead except for thurs/fri/and saturday. Chris and I spent most of the time at Pour House, watching the Clippers/Mavs game and hanging out.  The Clippers ended up winning on a last second shot by Chauncey Billups and I ended up schooling Chris in Pool at the same time.. (well not really schooling, he missed the corner pocket for the 8-ball and I knocked it in). We ended up jetting around 12:30 and headed home and here is where I am at now.

No comments:

Post a Comment